1. These rules and terms and conditions are the rules (Rules) which apply to the social media competitions carried out on the https://www.facebook.com/thegrocompany (the Facebook Page) or carried out by Gro-group International Limited via https://twitter.com/TheGroCompany (Twitter) or https://www.instagram.com/thegrocompany/ (Instagram) (the Competitions). The Competitions may be carried out across all of the aforementioned social media platforms and in this case the same shall constitute ‘a Competition’.
2. The Competition is organised by Gro-group International Limited whose registered office is at Mayborn House, Balliol Business Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8EW (Gro).
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, results and any issues relating to the Competition, the decision of Gro shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
4. Gro reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice at any time, if considered necessary by Gro in its opinion or if circumstances arise which are outside of Gro’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted within these terms and conditions or on the social media platform entered via.
ELIGIBILITY TO ENTER THE COMPETITION
6. Employees (or members of the families or households of employees) of Gro and any of Gro’s associated companies, are not eligible to enter the Competition. Gro reserves the right not to award a prize and to select an alternative winner if Gro is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that a winner is not eligible.
7. By entering the Competition, you confirm that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Gro reserves the right to check the eligibility of all entrants.
8. The Competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland aged 18 years or over only.
9. Gro reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
10. Entrants will need an account with the relevant social media platform to enter the Competition. As of the date these Rules were issued, there is no charge for an account with the relevant social media platforms detailed below. Anyone found to be using multiple accounts to enter will be disqualified.
ENTERING THE COMPETITION
11. Requirements for entry to the Competition will be as described by Gro in the relevant Facebook post, tweet on Twitter or on post on Instagram (the Competition Post). The Competition Post will also describe how and when winners will be chosen, how and when winners will be notified.
12. Entry to the Competition must be made online by:
1. Visiting and liking https://www.facebook.com/thegrocompany (the Facebook Page) in response to a Facebook post by Gro announcing that Gro is running the Competition and entry must be made in accordance with these Rules and any terms stated in the Competition Post.
2. Following @thegrocompany (the Twitter account) in response to a tweet by @thegrocompany announcing that Gro is running the Competition and entry must be made in accordance with these Rules and any terms stated on the Competition Post.
3. Following @thegrocompany (the Instagram account) in response to an Instagram post by Gro announcing that Gro is running the Competition and entry must be made in accordance with these Rules and any terms stated on the Competition Post.
13. All entrants must provide the personal information requested on the social media platform entered via and in any subsequent correspondence from Gro.
14. No purchase is necessary in order to enter the Competition and there is no charge to register.
15. The Competition will begin and end at the times and dates as stated on the social media platform entered via. All times stated are Greenwich Mean Time. Entries received after that time will not be entered in the Competition. There is a limit of one entry per person to the Competition.
16. Gro cannot accept responsibility for any communications line failure, defect, delay in operation or transmission, deletion, destruction, error, interruption, loss of entries, unauthorised access to or alteration of entries, or entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside Gro’s control.
SELECTING AND NOTIFYING WINNERS
17. The number of entrants who can win a prize will be stated in the Competition Post.
18. The winning entrants of the Competition will be the first entrant(s) to be chosen at random from all entries submitted for the Competition in accordance with these Rules, within 14 days of the closing date. Only one prize per winning entrant will be awarded. In all matters, the decision of Gro shall be final. The number of winners will be will be as stated in the Competition Post.
19. The prizes shall be as stated on the Competition Post shall be chosen by Gro at Gro’s sole discretion. There is no cash alternative and prizes are not transferable. Gro reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
20. The prize winners will be notified as stated on the social media platform entered via. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification and within the time stated may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
21. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified in the prize notification. Failure to claim a prize within the time stipulated or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
22. Prizes are awarded at Gro’s sole discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of any improper action by or on behalf of any entrant.
PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
24. In posting an image or photograph as part of an entry to the Competition you consent to Gro using and grant Gro a licence to copy and use the image on its other social media platforms and its website https://gro.co.uk/. You also hereby confirm that you have the right to give such consent and licence in respect of anybody else in such photograph. The entrant (and if the Photo is of a child, the entrants guardian on behalf of the entrant); (a) hereby grants Gro in perpetuity, a world-wide, royalty-free, a non-exclusive licence in the copyright in the Photo (being the all copyright and rights in the nature of copyright subsisting in the Photo in any part of the world to which the entrant is, or may become, entitled); (b) hereby grants Gro the right and licence to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use the Photo (i) in any format or media; (ii); in any advertising or marketing relating to the Competition or the prizes; and/or (iv) in any other way Gro sees fit at its discretion; and (c) waives all moral rights in and to the Photo in favour of Gro and anyone authorised by Gro to reproduce or otherwise use the Photo.
25. In entering this Competition the entrant understands that he/she will not be entitled to any compensation for any use of the Photo by Gro.
26. Your entry to the Competition and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you.
29. By participating in the Competition, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the social media platform entered via from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damage of any kind which may arise in connection with the Competition or the acceptance and/or use of any prize.
30. Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By entering the Competition, you understand that you are providing your information to Gro and not to Facebook. Please direct any questions or comments regarding the Competition to Gro, not to Facebook.
31. Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. By entering the Competition, you understand that you are providing your information to Gro and not to Twitter. Please direct any questions or comments regarding the Competition to Gro, not to Twitter.
32. Instagram is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. By entering the Competition, you understand that you are providing your information to Gro and not to Instagram. Please direct any questions or comments regarding the Competition to Gro, not to Instagram.
33. Gro cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Gro is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received or sent on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination of these, including any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing in these Rules shall exclude Gro’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
34. The information, links, materials and pages on the social media platform entered via relating to this Competition are not appropriate and not available for use in any other countries or locations. Access to any information, links, materials and pages on the social media platform entered via from countries and locations where their contents are illegal is not allowed.
35. The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
36. You can contact us in relation to the Competition by writing to Gro International Limited, Malvern House, Matford Court, Yeoford Way, Exeter, EX2 8LB or by e-mailing us via the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of our Website at https://gro.co.uk/contact-us/.
37. These Rules are the only rules and terms and conditions for the Competition and any other rules and terms and conditions are hereby excluded. In the event of any contradiction between these terms and terms posted on the social media platform entered via, the terms posted on the social media platform entered via will prevail.