What is swaddling? Is it safe?
What is swaddling? Swaddling has been proven to improve the quality of sleep in young babies. The swaddle feeling replicates the sense of being in the womb whilst also reducing the startle reflux that can wake your baby; therefore it gives a sense of security when it is time to go to sleep.
How to swaddle?
The Lullaby Trust recommend the below top tips for swaddling your baby safely:
– Use thin material
– Never put a baby to sleep on their front
– Do not swaddle too tight
– Check the baby’s temperature to ensure they do not get too hot
For more information from The Lullaby Trust click here
The Hip-healthy Groswaddle has been designed to make swaddling even easier for parents! The Groswaddle has a clever pocket to ensure that legs are in a natural frog-legged position that is important for correct hip development. The Hip-healthy Groswaddle is a cleverly shaped jersey wrap with hip healthy pocket that goes around your baby with no need for poppers, Velcro or ties. Just enough fabric to keep your baby snug, but not so much that they get too hot.
– Place baby onto open swaddling wrap, fold in the top of the wrap so that the fabric is in line with the nape of the neck, legs should be then be placed inside the hip healthy pocket in a natural “froggy” leg position.
– Make sure that the pockets upper material is around the baby’s tummy.
– Holding the upper right hand side of the swaddle; wrap the fabric snugly over baby’s arms, and tuck the fabric under baby’s body, leaving fabric loose around the legs.
– Holding the upper left hand side of the swaddle; wrap the fabric snugly around baby’s arms and underneath torso, leaving fabric loose around the legs.
– Ensure that both legs can freely flex.
The Grosnug makes swaddling and those night time changes even easier! The Grosnug is a revolutionary 2 in 1 Swaddle and Newborn Grobag. The Grosnug enables you to swaddle arms in or out so your baby is all set for a great night’s sleep, it also makes it perfect for transitioning your baby in to their first Grobag. Extremely easy to use with no folding needed and a long zip that opens from the bottom, eliminating frustrations of unwrapping baby and disturbing them during night changes at 3 o’clock in the morning.
Looking for hints and tips on when to stop swaddling and how to do it? Check out our article!