- If the power is turned off, does the clock remember the correct time?
When the power goes off, the clock ‘freezes’ all the settings, including the main time, the wake up times and brightness settings. Therefore if the power goes off for a few seconds and then back on, the time will have been paused for a few seconds. However if the power was off say for 3 hours, then the time will be out by 3 hours and will therefore need re–setting.
- If I need to keep the power on to maintain the correct time, should I worry about electricity consumption?
No, your clock uses LEDs so it’s naturally energy efficient. However it also has a built–in energy saving mode. One hour after the wake up time has activated, the clock automatically turns off coloured LED lights and runs on a tiny amount of electricity. To re–activate just press any key and the colour LEDs will come back.
- What is the difference between the night–time and day–time nap mode?
In a way they are very similar because the clock works in exactly the same way in both modes. Once activated, the clock will count down and the star will change into the sun at the time set in each mode. The reason there are two modes is so that parents who are putting their children to sleep during the day and at night can have the two different times stored, which saves them from having to re–set the wake up times every session.
- Can I make the alarm sound at any time and in any mode?
Yes! The time you set for the alarm is independent of the night–time or day–time nap modes. Therefore you could have the sun coming up silently at 7am and then the alarm sounding at 7.30am.
- How do I know if the alarm will sound?
The alarm bell icon appears in the cheek of the sun/star when the alarm is switched on.
- How can I stop my child from playing with buttons and changing the settings?
Very easily, by using the key–lock function, which is similar to the function on mobile phones.
- Is there a demo mode so I can show my child how it changes from the sun to Mr Star?
Yes! There is a built–in demo mode which runs through all the sun and Mr Star transitions. To set the Demo mode on, just press and hold the UP button for three seconds and the clock will show all the transitions on a continuous loop. To turn off the Demo mode, simply press and hold the UP button for three seconds.
- My screen has frozen and is not responding to the controls.
Switch the clock off at the mains, wait a few seconds and switch back on.